Saturday, September 11, 2010

Am I the only one that stands up to people?

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Last week ours was very interesting. Celebrated two birthdays and helped out a friend. This is what made me think of this post for the day. Hopefully this weekend is better than the last. 

About my friend. She comes from an abusive relationship and thinks somehow it is her fault.

Why do we woman and some men think that is our fault for being treated so poorly. I seen a post on a different blog that made me think about all the abuse in the world.  Now my friend, I'll call her Sam, has been in an on/off relationship with a man who is 14 years older that her and has been living off of her for the last year.  Between this time, there has been a few calls to the police because he has hit her a few times and she is pregnant with two kids. I do feel bad for the kids who are in the middle of this mess as well as her.  I have been there for her since I've met her, helping out by taking care of the kids while she worked when he was out of the picture and even when she needed help with the police.


This past weekend I am hoping was the final draw for her. He locked her out of her own apartment and it was getting late, she has nowhere else to go. I don't have the room at our place so I couldn't invite her to stay there. She called the police and while we were waiting for them to get there. My husband who if you know him is a calm and easy going person tried to get him to open the door. Did not answer. As Rich went back down the stairs, he left the apartment out the back way and ran. Yes locking it up again.

Now how hard was it to simply open the door for her and just leave? So now the door is again locked the landlord is on vacation and some how we need to get her inside. Rich seen someone at the end of the parking lot just looking at us so he decided to walk toward him and see if he can get the keys. This is what happened per conversation from my husband to him:

Rich: Hey you! Come back here. Why are you running?  All Sam wants is the keys to get into her apartment.
Jerk: No answer
Rich: Hello, do you have the keys and can we have them please.
Jerk: No answer
Rich: It takes a big man to run away with his tail between his legs.  Leaving a pregnant woman and her kids out in the cold. 
Jerk: What did you say to me Mother ****!?
Rich: Can I have the keys please.
Jerk: F/U I'll show you how tough I am.
Rich: This has nothing to so with what we're talking about. Can I have the keys please.
Jerk: I'll F*** you up. 
Rich: (As he was laughing) Can we have the keys PLEASE!? 
Jerk: I'll F*ing kill you. I'll kill you and you fat wife too,
Rich: Still laughing at him, Can I have the Keys Please.
Jerk: I'm gonna kill your F*ing Kid.
Rich: (Gave him a look that he just messed up) Are you going to give me the keys or not?! In a very aggressive tone and by now was walking toward the jerk.
Jerk: (probably thinking to himself on how he just messed up with the last comment, ran)

Rich came back to where Sam and I were and said that he was filing a police report because he threaten our lives and Rich does not take this lightly.  And no the Jerk would not give him the keys. 

So ponder this. Think about it and give me a post with your answer. 
How far would you have gone with this?
Would you have been this calm? 
What would you have done? 

Looking forward to seeing your response. 

Oh and yes we did finally get her back into her apartment. There was a backup landlord with spare keys.


2 comments:

  1. Thank God, everyone is okay. Sending my love and prayers out to both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. rick sounds a lot like my husband. He is all calm and cool tell it comes to crossing the line. I am glad your friend got back into her apartment and if that had been me I would have been going nuts.

    ReplyDelete